Thursday, December 15, 2011

Carmen van Oort

Hi! My name is Carmen van Oort. I’m a 21 year old Dutch girl and as I’m writing this blog, it’s my last day as an intern at Marketing Mechanics.

At the one hand this makes me sad. At the other hand – it means that it’s time to move on which means new adventures!

My time in Sydney and as an intern at Marketing Mechanics has been a great learning experience in many ways. I had never lived outside the Netherlands for such a long time before. It has taught me so much about myself, my friends and family, my life in The Netherlands but most of all about Australia, its citizens and its culture.

I must say I absolutely love Australia. The climate, the friendly and down-to-earth people, the surf dudes – it’s all so beautiful.

As an internship company, Marketing Mechanics suited me perfectly: A small team in a low-key environment. Working at Marketing Mechanics could get heavy sometimes but there’s always room for a chat and a smile.

Because of the variety of Marketing Mechanics’ clients every assignment differs from everything you’ve done before and with a little help from the marketing staff you’ll gain heaps of experience in every aspect of marketing.

Besides working, there’s always time to celebrate what’s to be celebrated. For example, I turned 21 during my time at Marketing Mechanics and Diane threw me a little birthday party! (see the photo’s!). It was so nice. Besides the delicious cake I got some presents. As I was not able to celebrate my birthday with my family and friends this meant so much to me!

I would surely recommend Australia, Sydney and Marketing Mechanics if you’re looking for gaining some work experience abroad.

Best,

Carmen van Oort, The Netherlands


No comments: