Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My name is Julia Stark, I am from Germany and study Information management in Neu-Ulm, which is located in Bavaria.
My studies are split in 3 different parts, information technology, economics and design.
Last July I got the chance to study for one semester in Sydney, Australia at Mac Quarie University. I took 2 subjects, Public Relations and Organizational Planning. In addition I undertook an internship at Marketing Mechanics twice a week from 21.08.2007 until 31.10.2007 . At Marketing Mechanics I hade the chance to deepen my theoretical knowledge into practical knowledge. My main tasks were Website reviews, writing Marketing plans and designing different advertisement for their clients. I got the chance to see Marketing from a different angle. I am very glad getting to know the Australian working environment which is very different to the German one. People are very friendly, helpful and appreciate your work. I really enjoyed working with the Marketing Mechanics team and I will always remember them in a very positive way! End of January I will go back to Germany finishing my studies but I am sure that this wasn’t my last time in Australia!

Thank you for your encouragement! I enjoyed a lot working in your team!

No comments: